Position: Network Engineer
The Network Engineer will provide onsite support to BEMA clients seeking assistance with technical issues. This position is responsible for troubleshooting desktop, server, firewall, switch, backup, anti-virus, anti-spam, internet connectivity and network administration issues. Duties include performing investigative/triage, resolution when possible and enlisting senior technical resources when needed. Consultants document problems/requests and resolutions in a concise manner in our internal tracking system. This position is usually the IT person/department for the client organizations they serve. Travel around the city of Houston is required; however we will do our best to keep you on your side of town. We have clients in all areas of Houston.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Significant network administration experience (3-5 years or more) in the following environment:
- Windows 2008/2010 Server
- Active Directory
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7 Workstations
- Significant administrative knowledge of:
- Hardware (including cable, hubs, routers, switches, etc.)
- Network protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RAS, WINS
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN routing and connectivity issues
- Anti-virus software configuration, installation, deployment
- Backup hardware and procedures as well as disaster recovery
- Spam filtering software
- Internet firewalls and security
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Computer configuration/installation
- Significant computer and network troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with:
- Internet email systems and protocols
- Microsoft Exchange (locally hosted & remotely hosted)
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Print Servers
- Cloud Computing
- Remote administration concepts and tools
Personal Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills:
- Clear and professional communication
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Strong documentation skills
- Service attitude is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute thoughtful planning, careful execution, and effective teamwork.
- Ability to collaborate with other IT professionals and, as needed, various external consultants/vendors. Your role will include a variety of tasks: conceiving and implementing new system deployment; administering networks, remote administration, training and supporting end-users.
- Well organized – ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Capable of working both independently or on a team.
- Must be self-driven and able to work with little supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to varying environments.
- Able to work in school setting around children.
Physical Skills & Requirements:
- Able to lift 50 pounds (or personal computer, monitor, printer).
- Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, business hours will vary slightly according to client work schedule.
- Available to come in early or stay late as required.
- Available for after hours support when needed.
- Able to travel in town.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED.
BEMA Information Technologies is a highly recognized provider of IT services to churches, ministries, schools as well as small to medium sized organizations. Our solutions are designed to optimize IT budgets as well as provide scalability, reliability and security. Drawing upon our unique network of resources and tools, we collaborate with clients to craft solutions that meet their specific IT needs, including cloud and hosted solutions. BEMA is a privately owned firm.
We hire team members who have a passion for the church/ministry and technology. We look for people who are servants and will go the extra mile for clients and other team members. Top candidates are personable with strong communications skills as well as a deep technical background.
We have grown over the last 11 years without a sales force. We believe in turning our clients into sales people and it works. We have more than 30 engineers in Houston and serve over 150 clients on an ongoing basis.
We hire great people who take excellent care of our clients. Send in your MS Word format resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.