Senior Network Engineer / Virtualization Focus (VMware & Hyper V) – Houston
Compensation: $80k+ depending upon depth and breadth of technical skills and previous experience
As a Senior Network Engineer with a focus on virtualization you will be integral in our ability to create next-generation infrastructure solutions for our clients that will allow them to transform their workplace using virtualization technologies and automation. You will lead the evaluation of existing architectures and identify gaps in our clients’ capability as part of your efforts to continuously improve our clients’ platforms through the use of virtualization and other technologies.
Developing a keen understanding of how the problems you identify affect their operating environment, you will deploy your problem-solving skills to improve business outcomes. You will also create tangible value for their business by automating tasks and streamlining processes.
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of IT infrastructure solutions including:
- Servers – HPE, Dell, Cisco, Blade Systems
- Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux
- Cloud Technologies and Providers – Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine
- Server Roles – Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, NAP/RADIUS, File Server Solutions and Design
- Enterprise Storage – HPE Nimble, 3Par, Dell EqualLogic, Dell/EMC SC, NetApp
- UTM Firewalls and Routers – Fortinet, SonicWALL, Cisco
- Switches – HPE/Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, Meraki
- Wireless – Aruba, Ruckus, Meraki, Cisco
- Backup Solutions and Devices – Veeam, Backup Exec, Zerto, BDR
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of virtualization technologies including the design, implementation, operation, management, automation, and remediation of:
- VMware vSphere – vCenter, ESXi, SRM, vRealize Suite, vSAN, NSX
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Citrix – XenServer, XenApp, NetScaler
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of enterprise storage connectivity topologies including:
- iSCSI SAN Networking
- Fiber Channel SAN Networking
- NAS Solutions from Synology, QNAP, Overland Storage
- Tape Libraries and Data Lifecycle Management
- Object Storage Systems
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of WAN/LAN/SAN networking technologies and topology design including:
- Routing Protocols – OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP
- Layer-2 Sub-netting, Super-netting, and Stretched Topology Design
- Spanning Tree Implementation and Troubleshooting
- Expertise using PowerShell and other scripting languages for automation. Python is a strong plus for this role.
- 10+ years of demonstrable and documented networking experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrable and documented virtualization experience.
BEMA Information Technologies is a highly recognized provider of IT services to churches, schools and medium-sized businesses. We are 17 years old and have over 50 team members. Our consistent growth comes from hiring Network Engineers who provide excellent service by turning our clients into salespeople.
We are a bit different. . .
– We care about people, your family and your career development
– We don’t want you working overtime
– We strive to over communicate, rather than under
– We serve many clients, but work hard to keep you around your side of town